One of our longest trips to an away league game against Baglan in Port Talbot meant an early start for everyone.  Cardiff started the game at a great pace and were soon into their stride with a number of quick attacks and shots on goal. Pressure finally told when the ball was put into the opposition box by Grace. The ball bounced around in the penalty area and was at first cleared by the Baglan defence.  Sienna then picked up the loose ball and put it back into the danger area, but the defence cleared it up again up field. The ball was then launched again into the penalty area from our midfield and Savanna took a lovely touch and played it out wide to Grace who crossed the ball back into the box and Seren picked up the loose ball, took on the defence and swerved a tackle to calmly put the ball into the back of the net to make it 1-0.  Some great football was played just after we scored, where the ball was passed from out wide and through our midfield to keep the pressure on Baglan and try to get another goal.  Try as hard as we might, the ball went everywhere but not into the back of the net, missing by small margins at times. Baglan continued to mount attacks to make it a good competitive first half and enjoyable football to watch.

In the 2nd half, Cardiff should of pushed on but, try as we did, the ball still just wouldn’t go into the back of the net. These misses were telling as Baglan mounted there own attack on our goal and missed tackles from us allowed them to score an equalising goal to make it 1-1.  Many corners, passes, attacks later, but still we could not score.  This half was very competitive from both sides with end to end football at a fast pace and the game really could of gone either way. A win for Cardiff today wasnt to be and it wasn’t for the lack of trying that the game ended in a 1-1 draw at the final whistle. What was pleasing today is the team never gave up and on another day all the chances created would of found the back of the net.

Goal Scorer : Seren ⚽️
POTM : Sienna